Versatility in every bottle February 16 2014, 2 Comments
Smokey Jal is a very versatile sauce. Here are a few different ways to enjoy it.
- Add it to mayo to add flavor to your favorite sandwich.
- Add some to sour cream or ranch to add a lot of flavor to your dip.
- It's also just plain good on chips.
- It is an excellent addition to Bloody Marys, guacamole, or to spice up your beer.
- It makes everything better. So try it on anything and share your recipes and thoughts with us. I will be posting more recipes as we master them, so come back often, and check out our updates as we will be adding more products to our line.
Big Ed on July 16 2014 at 09:02PM
This is simply the best jalapeno sauce I’ve ever tasted! Incredible flavor and complexity with a nice heat finish. I’ve started experimenting with sauce because it lends itself really well to so many foods. Two of my favorite recipes for this sauce are:
1. Smokey Jal Grilled Hot Wings: I brine 5-6 pound of wings for 24 hours in 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup kosher salt, 2 cloves crushed garlic,1 bottle hard cider, and then add enough water to cover wings. Next day, rinse and pat dry then lightly coat with your favorite spice rub. Mile 9 – You need to come out with a rub please! Grill on low heat, turning often so not to burn, for 30-40 minutes. Remove wings from grill. Mix 1 part butter with 2 parts Smokey Jal and melt on stove or in microwave. Toss wings in large mixing bowl with sauce and serve. I served this at my 4th of July BBQ and it was a hands down hit! The flavor was nuts and everyone asked what I did!
2. Smokey Jal Avocado La Crema’: I use this as a dip for hot wings, chips, fish tacos, salad dressing and many other things! Over the top nuts! In food processor combine juice of 1/2 of lemon, 1 tbl oil, 2 diced and seeded jalapenos, 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1 ripe avocado cubed, 3 cups sour cream, and 1 bottle smokey jal. Blend until smooth. I make mine the night before and let it sit in the fridge so the flavors blend. Yummy is the only word I can use to describe this!
Bill Morris on April 16 2014 at 12:13AM
As a professional chef in Seattle, I am always looking for quality made artisan local products in which to help further my depth and realm of cooking to expose and highlight those foodstuffs and craftsmen and women in the industry. With this fresh and vibrant tasting sauce that I have just been turned on to, I have found great flavor and complexity in it and without the amount of heat that kills a dish or the heavy hot and acid(vinegar) almost one dimensional profile that is so common today. This has amazing flavor and great taste. You can really taste the jalapeno. Nice acidity, richness, smokiness and flavor. It went well on my chorizo strata that we just made! Well done. I am looking forward to trying it on many things. Respectfully…Bill Morris